Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wanted: Structure, Education

It's always before Thanksgiving when I feel all sense of structure in my life has been lost. I used to blame it on long hours at school, late hours at work and my need of attention.

Now I have no excuse.

It's like holding off on buying a schedule book/organizer because you're looking for the perfect black, leather planner with the nice pen and address book.

It's like waiting until January because buying a planner in October sounds like a waste of money.

You buy it anyway, then you don't use it.

I have to at least write down everything I want to do; prioritize later.

  • Give myself an allowance: I'm spending too much money eating at work.
  • Vote: Kinky Friedman is higher in the polls than expected. There must be a reason why.
  • Buy a new computer desk: During the move, some of my friends broke my current one. It's now lodged between bookcases so it doesn't tip over.
  • Buy a vacuum: I haven't used one for months and with 2 pets, it look like you can imagine.
  • Re-committ to a diet: Or should I say, really commit.
  • Double-check spelling on commit.
  • Learn how to diet: Because advice from family and friends doesn't work.
  • Buy a workout bench: If my girlfriend lets me, or fits my allowance (see earlier); Planner/Organizer theory applies here as well.
  • Learn to save money: Why not now?
  • Follow through on a hobby: I've chosen photography. Thanks to Morris who said, "Eh, you take decent photos"
  • Read about religion: My mother keeps bothering me about not believing in God. Its not that I don't believe in God. It's that I dont believe in people.

    Thats enough for now. I probably wont follow through on all of them. Which leads me to my next one:

  • Follow through.
  • No comments: